rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev
0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
June 2017 Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Tascam 2488 / NEO Questions

TJames

Can an external monitor be hooked up to these units ?
I am assuming track backup data can be dumped to a PC and returned back to the unit ??
Wishful thinking, can track data be USB dumped to a memory stick ?
I have tons of experience with Tascam/ Boss products, Yamaha AW products and Cakewalk Sonar , I guess I am old school as I do like the PC recording thing but prefer the standalone workstations. Maybe my answer is using them both...
thanks, TJ
July 14, 2009 @10:31am
musiczebra79

The only standalone recorder that offered a monitor option was the roland v-series.But for the price it is hard to beat the tascam.z
July 16, 2009 @04:25pm
scott123

What do you mean can an external monitor be hooked up? Maybe I'm not getting your question, because my answer would be ... well of course it can. There are two jacks right on the back of it specifically for that purpose.
Maybe you meant something else and I'm not just not understanding you.
I've got a DP-01FX and that is waaaaay below a 2488 and you can hook a monitor up to that.
December 22, 2009 @07:21am
musiczebra79

i was reffering to a vca monitor not speakers.jz
December 22, 2009 @12:05pm
MohicanoRecords/Grab.

I know this is pobably a question that shoud be on another topic however, Im just gonna ask it to see if anyone has ever tried it... i got a 2488 and do no want to go trough the hassle of learning how to fully control the effects that can be asigned to tracks so I have been doing some kinda research and based on my budget ($300) I could maybe use specifically a POD X3 which has moer effect options for guitars, bass and vocals (I think)...
my question is this: is it a good move as far as sound quality goes to try to record the guitars EQ'd through the POD and just record them onto the 2488?? and also...
-would I be able to then mix and set volumes on the PC, then, send the mixes into the 2488 just to master them... (if possible) how do I do that???...
I hope I explained myself enough, thanks in advance for any info anyone can share with me 'couse I'm kinda lost
June 16, 2010 @04:59pm
iangreatston

Can an external monitor be hooked up to these units ?
thanks, TJ

HGR Music sell a device that installs in the 2488 to connect to a full size monitor. see
www.hgr2488.co.uk
March 13, 2011 @07:59pm
mnky42

The external monitor looks like a good way to increase visibility, but I don't like the thought that I'd be voiding my warranty the moment I open the casing. I suppose it would be worth it if you had serious vision problems, but too risky for me.
August 16, 2011 @06:27am
mnky42

I could maybe use specifically a POD X3 which has moer effect options for guitars, bass and vocals (I think)...
my question is this: is it a good move as far as sound quality goes to try to record the guitars EQ'd through the POD and just record them onto the 2488?? and also...
-would I be able to then mix and set volumes on the PC, then, send the mixes into the 2488 just to master them... (if possible) how do I do that???...
:

I just got the Neo, so I can appreciate your confusion. The DVD is a big help if you don't have it already.
I have a Pod X3 Live and use that to record some of my favorite effects. The only downside of that is that your effect is hard written on your track. If you want to be able to change the effect after recording, you can record your track dry and apply effects with either your Pod via the effect sends or with the Neo's onboard effects.
But the Neo only has so many effects you can use at once (4 mic effects and 4 multi, or you can switch to 8 mic effects and 0 multi) so you have to use them sparingly.
One way around that is to record your track dry and duplicate it by bouncing it to another track. Then you can apply effects to the bounced track but have the original saved (or even backed up externally to save space/tracks) if you change your mind.
It's not the most fluid process, but you have to take the Neo's limitations along with its cool features.
August 16, 2011 @06:41am