0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
April 2017 Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Midi / Midi Controller Help

joe_04_04

I asked these same two questions in a few other forums, but no one could help me. I'm not sure where to look for help....
Ok, i have a few midi-based questions. Whenever I put something together using midi, i get these popping sounds that occur either before a midi note or before a midi region. Im not sure what it is. It doesn't happen that often (usually once or twice throughout a song), but when it does happen, it always happens in the same spot. I've checked both the notes and regions and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with them (like having two notes on top of one another). So if anyone has an answer that would be a nice thing to fix because this popping sound happens even during bounce-down and ends up in the final mix.
My next midi question would be about my axiom 49 (which i bought from Sweetwater about a month ago). When i originally got it, my trigger pads were all assigned to a specific sound factory set. I could hit a pad and it would play one of the sounds that the Xpand plugin was set to. I can't tell you how i messed it up but i did because now, 7 of the pads (by default) are assigned to nothing and the bottom left pad is assigned to the cutoff knob in xpand. I've tried hard resetting it (turning it on with the +/- buttons held) and it remains the same. I dont know how to map really anything so if that could also be explained, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
July 1, 2009 @03:13am
joe_04_04

I have found out that most of the pops occur mostly on midi tracks using the a "saw" plugin. I still have not found an answer....
July 13, 2009 @05:29am