0% Interest for 48 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Live Sound Month!

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

yamaha MD8 needs repair.. ?

alecskwirl

This is 8 digital tracks to mini Data disk. I really want to keep using this machine, the direct outs and analog board are great.. I took it out of storage and get either error code that the transport is not moving.. is it something I can fix my self or is there any one out there that can fix it for me? its got very low mileage..
May 31, 2009 @05:40pm
DAS

We can fix them. I suspect, however, your money may be better spent buying something new.
June 1, 2009 @12:18pm
alecskwirl

Someday at SweetWater told me a while back that Yamaha or they could no longer service it. Where will all the new stuff be ten years from now?, and will it be supported? I don't have to worry about ever becoming outmoded or obsolete, I prefer dedicated devices over letting one box do everything... and then have it crash in the middle of a session, The MD8 wont. (when its working) I am holding out for A Tascam 24 track, rack unit with Only solid a state drive(s) , its not out yet and I cant afford it....
June 1, 2009 @11:17pm
Andrew_Malloy

I am holding out for A Tascam 24 track, rack unit with Only solid a state drive(s) , its not out yet and I cant afford it....

Sure, you can always put a Firewire solid state drive on an X48.
June 2, 2009 @01:41pm