0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
January Clearance 2017

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Sonar 8 and Roland Sonic Cell -Audio recording question

mthierry

Hello, I'm using Cakewalk Sonar 8 with a Roland Sonic Cell with built in audio interface. When I try to record a audio vocal track in Sonar, the instrument tracks get recorded also on the audio track. How do I isolate the audio track so it will record my vocals only? At the same time I still need to hear the instrument tracks in my head phones. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
May 16, 2009 @11:15pm
kutty

I have no idea what Roland was thinking on the price point chosen for this product. It seems to me that it's the kind of thing that ought to be coming in at a street price of about $395. It's beyond pricey, it's priced like a luxury item. There are better choices for the price of synths in a module form. GC had brand new XV5080's going for $995 just a while ago. Slightly out of date stuff in hardware has some great bang for the buck when they blow things out. I love the software stuff too, but I can't get away from still loving the hardware. The latest V-Synth GT sure does look nice.
=======================================
discount engagement rings online
strapless bra with low back
May 31, 2009 @05:52am
Guitarplayer

I have no idea what Roland was thinking on the price point chosen for this product. It seems to me that it's the kind of thing that ought to be coming in at a street price of about $395. It's beyond pricey, it's priced like a luxury item. There are better choices for the price of synths in a module form. GC had brand new XV5080's going for $995 just a while ago. Slightly out of date stuff in hardware has some great bang for the buck when they blow things out. I love the software stuff too, but I can't get away from still loving the hardware. The latest V-Synth GT sure does look nice.

??? What on earth does this have to do with his question?
There is a setting in the Sonic Cell that determines what is sent out via USB called the "To Computer" screen. The options are "input FX" and "Mix". Set it to "Input FX" and it will route only what you have plugged in to the input of the Sonic Cell to the computer. It's covered in detail on page 148 of the manual.
June 10, 2009 @02:19pm
Andrew_Malloy

I think the Sonic Cell is vastly underpriced. Considering that you get the sounds of the Fantom and the JV keyboards and at $500 less than a Fantom XR. Oh, it has an audio interface built into it and SMF and WAV file players. The Sonic Cell is a steal!
June 10, 2009 @04:27pm
Psykostx

How do I isolate the audio track so it will record my vocals only?

Set your recording input to the correct physical source, I have a feeling you are recording the master bus output. Check your software settings.
August 4, 2009 @01:45pm