0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
July 4 Financing

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Yamaha S90XS

supermanrulez

Many of you have asked me about this and I told you if I heard anything I would let you know. Yamaha is a releasing a S90XS model. I was told they will be releasing a 76 key fully weighted keyboard.
May 15, 2009 @02:01am
shadowcompany

I will definately want to check this out. 76 piano weighted key action. Damn its about time!
May 15, 2009 @03:21am
Rohn101

This is truly excellent news!!!!
May 16, 2009 @05:01am
Dbomb

If this does turn out to be accurate, not doubting that it is, I am interested. 88 key models with the sounds I like are heavier than I would like. Hopefully the weight won't be too bad. I love the sounds on the Motif XS so this shouldn't be an issue. I am looking to get a keyboard for live playing that I can use as a stand alone.
May 16, 2009 @04:22pm
supermanrulez

Just a quick follow up the S90 XS will be released in both 88 and 76 key models. There will be a S90XS and S70XS depending on the number of keys. The official announcement will come June 11th.
June 5, 2009 @04:19am
shadowcompany

I've been looking for a new keyboard to gig with. My main keyboard is too heavy and I'm using two others to get the sounds I need. My hope is the S90XS will cover all the sounds I need. The Motif XS 7 and 8 were strong considerations because they had great sounds but were to heavy. Hopefully S90XS or S70XS will be to my liking.
I tried the Nord Stage, Fantom Stage, Juno G, PC3 and Korg M50. The Nord Stage was too expensive and didn't deliver the sound quality and other features i thought it would have for the hefty price tag. The fantom stage and Juno G would need to be supplemented even more than what I'm currently using and were really disappointing to me in a mix. The PC3 I can't find to try and won't buy something I can't play and try myself. I also am not a fan of the kurzweil piano sample which seems to be an echo from other PC3 owners I've talked with. I was actually considering the M50 as the best choice at this point even thought it wasn't the perfect fit until I heard about the S90XS. I hope the S90XS can do the trick for me.
June 5, 2009 @03:03pm
sknydpr

Here's a video shot of the s70XS. no sound, but it's there in the living flesh,er,metal and plastic.
I have an S90 and been looking forward to the shorter keyboard update. The factory sent me a new keybed 2 yrs ago. They are aware that the S90 keyboards have a limited lifespan. (I had gone way past the slot car wheel silicon fix of the keys.) Original keybed lasted 2 yrs of 2 shows six nights a week.
June 8, 2009 @08:01pm
wineandkeyz

Just a quick follow up the S90 XS will be released in both 88 and 76 key models. There will be a S90XS and S70XS depending on the number of keys. The official announcement will come June 11th.

supermanrulez, Any idea when they'll actually be available for purchase?
June 9, 2009 @01:55pm
sknydpr

June 11, 2009 @06:04pm
JCLSW

Does this mean that finally Yamaha will release a CP300XS?
September 12, 2009 @06:42pm
pdionne

I'm pretty interested in the 76 key version but dissapointed they didn't put the wheels above the keys - could'a cut another 4 or 5 inches off the beast.
October 3, 2009 @12:22am