0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
February Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Using older Reason refills with Reason 4

joshthelonelymusician

Is it possible to use refills made when Reason 3 was out with Reason 4? I didn't know if Reason 4 was able to use only Reason 4 generation refills or not.
May 4, 2009 @08:35pm
Kevyn

I started with Reason 3 and when 4 came out I was glad to find that all my Reason 3 ReFills worked flawlessly with Reason 4.
May 5, 2009 @04:32pm
joshthelonelymusician

THANKS! That's SO awesome!
May 5, 2009 @06:33pm
Hashim Amla

Included in the Refill package are templates for customizing your own CycleOn patches. The documentation details the differences between each of the templates and includes some tips and tricks for programming. These are quite easy to use. All that is necessary is to open the combi patch and load Recycle loops into each of the REX Loop players.
There is also a CycleOn Audio Track combinator which is configured to process two external stereo audio sources like Record Audio Tracks. This allows you to apply synchronized muting, juggling and beat repeat effects to recorded or even live audio tracks.
Rotary CV System combinators are also located in the CycleOn Templates folder. These are CV generator patches which can be used as general CV unipolar sources which can be used to route a single rotary control to multiple destinations. For example, one rotary control can be used to modulate the crossfader of multiple CycleOn patches. An example Record Session file and documentation are provided in the package.
April 2, 2010 @07:40pm