0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month 5

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Yamaha Audiogram 6 and Cubase Ai4

JSStewart

I haven't been able to figure out how to record with more than 1 stereo input at a time with my Yamaha Audiogram 6. Supposedly this 6 input device can record on up to 4 channels simultaneously, but I can only set up a single stereo input, and can't seem to find a way to set up even another mono input. This is pretty disappointing.
Am I missing something? I have updated all drivers (vista) and Cubase Ai4 to the latest versions, which did correct some problems, but it appears that the Audiogram 6 can only handle two channels at a time. Anyone have any suggestions or is this simply the way it is?
April 27, 2009 @03:21pm
disposablehero

I have the exact same problem. I can only record the "total mix" of the USB-interface (one track). I am not able to set up cubase so i can record each channel-input on different tracks simultaniously . . . (For example I need this for drumrecording, because I have to be able to edit levels after record, to get a harmonic balanced drum sound)
May 9, 2009 @11:00pm
cedarwind

Sadly, the folks at Yamaha have not properly represented this product (IMHO). I, too, bought one thinking that this was a great price. The dealer I bought it from (not Sweetwater in this case) thought it would send multiple channels. As you can see by reading the manual or the online specs for this device, it is certainly unclear what it is capable of sending and receiving.
So, I emailed Yamaha and got a rather speedy, albeit unfortunate response:
"The Audiogram 6 only sends 2 channels and receives 2 channels through the stereo bus. You can pick either left or right and combined stereo."
Well, from Logic Express, I can only see the stereo input, and yes, I've installed the updated driver.
It's too bad as Yamaha makes some fine equipment. They've really fallen down on the documentation for this product.
Mike
July 23, 2009 @09:08pm