0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month 5

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

martin om1

aussiedave

hello everyone i am considering buying a martin om1,has anyone played one,im interested to know how they are suited to flatpicking or what you would suggest,ive also heard the collings om are pretty good.
April 17, 2009 @01:02am
jdesola

I'm a fan of Taylor Guitars personally but I would highly recommend a Martin or Collings too. I'm more of an electric player but my dad has one of each of those brands and I've played each of them... thoroughly.
I would suggest playing on each brand to see whose tone you prefer. Martin tone is a little deeper than Taylor, IMO. Collings is a good in-between and may be the best all around but play and see for yourself! Good Luck.
April 17, 2009 @06:39pm
gibsonman

Good choice, I think the two best brands for acoustics would have to be Gibson or Martin. I'm not really a fan of the Taylors 'cause one time I went into an Accent Music and played one.......... IT WAS WARPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
April 19, 2009 @01:01am