0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 vs Presonus Firestudio Project

zachbloom91

Has anybody used either of these? I am in the market for a portable recording interface to connect to my MacBook Pro with Logic. Any other recommendations are welcome and appreciated.
January 23, 2009 @03:30am
Andrew_Malloy

I had the chance to hear the big brother to the Saffire Pro 40 yesterday and I can tell you that it sounds great with the Liquid DSP Processing and I am guessing a different preamp circut. The preamp circuitry in it is essentially the same as the rest of the Saffire line. The Big difference between this and the previous incarnations of the Saffire is the Jet PLL clock and DiceII chipset just like Presonus and TC Electronic so the the AD and DA will be identical for jitter specs and firewire stability. The difference will be in their analog components feeding those sections and the software they are using to make it work for you. I have not heard them side-by-side unfortunately.
January 23, 2009 @02:46pm