rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
June 2017 Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Peavey DPM C8p... what's it worth?

EphICanIMite

Ages ago, I bought a Peavey DPM C8p keyboard controller. Thinking I would use it for midi entry and then correct my mistake in the software midi edit window afterwards. But all these years later, I still haven't used it much and am wondering if anyone knows what the approximate value of it is? It's still in fine shape but I'm just not sure if it's age makes it nothing more than a target for a lil' pistol practice or is it still a valued keyboard.
As you might have guessed, I'm hardly a keyboard player.
Any ideas?
EPH
December 23, 2008 @02:07am
Joeycapucino

February 1, 2012 @03:47pm
Joeycapucino

Ages ago, I bought a Peavey DPM C8p keyboard controller. Thinking I would use it for midi entry and then correct my mistake in the software midi edit window afterwards. But all these years later, I still haven't used it much and am wondering if anyone knows what the approximate value of it is? It's still in fine shape but I'm just not sure if it's age makes it nothing more than a target for a lil' pistol practice or is it still a valued keyboard.
As you might have guessed, I'm hardly a keyboard player.
Any ideas?
EPH

To whom it may concern ...
It looks like this was presented a while ago. But I still own my C8p and I used it extensively during the 90's when I was MD & keyboardist with Michael Bolton. We had an endorsement with Peavey and we were there when the keyboards were being produced. We were asked to audition the different weighted actions that were being used and we picked out our favorite. I think the action was made by Fatar at the time ...?
At any rate, I still own mine. It was a workhorse thru the years and very dependable. After not using it for a while, the LED screen lights went out (which I replaced with a backlit one for about $35) and the action now needs to be refurbished a bit, as the bushings are clanking and it doesn't feel like 'butter' as when it was new. It still works and is playable, but a bit short of perfect. There are also a couple of software bugs on start up, and you have to reset to clear the window. I actually used it for a piano solo spot (It sat housed inside an wooden upright case that motored out onto the stage) for the last two years at Paris in Las Vegas. Very cool!
All in all, if your 8p is like new, then you have a nice piece of gear with a lot of good controller functions which are easily edited on the screen. It doesn't have all the sliders or USB like today's units, but it is still a powerful piece of gear. I would probably say the keyboard today is worth $100 - $200 ...http://www.sweetwater.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.png
Best,
Joey
February 1, 2012 @03:58pm
Synthologist

February 1, 2012 @08:02pm
Synthologist

Just noticed how old this post was...
February 2, 2012 @12:39am