rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
July 4 Financing

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

My Tascam DP-02 is not recording!

singersongwriter1

Hi can you guys help me out there...i have followed the booklet and it is still not recording....i have assigned the tracks....the red lights are flashing...I can hear the instruments and mic through the headphone with the L/R balance levels rising....but when i press record the tracks from 1-8 are not recording or showing the levels rising? can someone give me an easy step by step on what to press first/second/third... Do i start by pressing "Song"?ect..ect....Thanks.
November 24, 2008 @09:16pm
Bluesman48

I have a DP02 so let me see if I can help you out. Find the Menu button on the recorder, select "song"> create. This will put you into Song list menu, title your song then press the yes/enter button. Arm your track(s) then press the record button on the respective track(s). Press record/play and you should see the recorder begin timing the recording ( the display at the top of the screen) Hope this helps:)
November 27, 2008 @01:45am
hdmyg8586

I found that connector you were looking for
Cindy, is this the thing you were looking for?
www.liangdianup.com/computeraccessories_1.htm
It's on the list of computer accessories and parts. They have the DVI video thing to convert that jap monitor to work with your other computer. Just about any other kind of wire adaptor, usb connectors, monitor extension wires, ps2 extention wires, and all kinds of female and male swap connectors and things that I think would help your shop. If that above link don't work then goto www.lducompany.com and click on computer accessories. Let me know if that is what you need and give me your email address again.
November 27, 2008 @07:42am
singersongwriter1

Hi bluesman,i tried what you said which is whats in the booklet but its still not recording...when you title the song and it stores...is it supposed to go back to create which it does...and then you press home?
Do me a favour and just go through exactly again what you press n order press song...then create....then title song...press enter....then its stores/creating song.....then it goes back to create....then what?
November 27, 2008 @09:02pm
Bluesman48

Let's sit down at the recorder together And I'll walk you through song creation. Let's say you want to record a guitar track on Trk1. 1st assign "A" to Trk1. It sould flash when the A assign button is pushed. Next go to the menu button press it and your screen should show the menu. In the menu select song press the > on the cursor, that should take you into the song menu. At the very top of the song menu there should be a create option, using the> on the cursor. You should have Song Create screen come up. Using the data wheel titile your song. Then press the yes/enter button, this should create your song then you press no/exit then your screen should show the screen with the time code clock at the top and your 1-8 trks at the bottom as will as your L/R stereo trks. Press the Trk. 1 record button so it flashes then press play and record an it should show Trk1 registering when you strum the guitar. Now if you have already done all of this and you want to add trks to your existing one you must Load the song that you have titiled. let me know if this helps:)
November 29, 2008 @05:05am
singersongwriter1

Hi Bluesman, thanks for your help but ive tried all you have said and its still not recording so i am assuming that there is something wrong with the DP-02 itself so it looks like ill have to return it, thanks mate anyway....
December 1, 2008 @04:33pm