0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
July 4 Financing

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

On/off audio switch


I look after the sound in my church. At some particular times in the service, the keyboard player wants to cut his line to the mixer and rehearse a bit through headphones.(he is hidden/ not on center stage). What he does is to signal to the guys at the mixing deck and then we cut his line.
I've seen a device on music videos. It is like a foot switch. After a guitarist finishes his song, he switches off his guitar line using that switch, removes his output pin and walks away.
I've tried to search for such a device on the internet but with no success. Any body has any idea about this ?
November 15, 2008 @04:59pm

I know about a half dozen of this kind of switch for microphones, including the ubiquitous 'Cough Drop', but I have not seen any for line level mono or stereo signals.
November 15, 2008 @09:48pm

November 15, 2008 @10:50pm

Thanks a lot. That's exactly what I was looking for. Do you think I can use a keyboard with a DI with it ? Also I would be much pleased if you could tell me of something cheaper.
Thanks anyway
November 17, 2008 @04:10pm

All you need is an AB box with 1 input and 2 selectable outputs. Sweetwater sells an arm full of them starting at around $33 - $100+. You can find them under Guitars > Guitar Pedals & Effects > Footswitch/Selector Pedals.
Here is a sample: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AB2/
November 19, 2008 @09:13pm

Hey thanks. I appreciate it.
November 24, 2008 @04:14pm