0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
February Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Blown or Repairable?

ImagineDj

Hi All,
I was out working a job last night with my 2 berhinger Eurolive 15" 2 way passive speakers. Someone grabbed the mic while the master volume was up fairly high and when they started talking it clipped out the speakers and they went dead. I reset the system and turned the amp and mixer back on and they only thing that will come out of the speakers is a light fuzz. I must have blown the compression driver however I can only get a low pitched static out the speakers!!
any advice would be much help!
October 12, 2008 @01:48pm
Byll

It seems odd that the overload would have blown out both drivers in both monitors. Have you checked if there is speaker fusing in the power amp, itself? Some monitors also contain fusing, themselves. It would be good to check the system with another set of monitors, just to be sure that the monitors are the problem.
Best to you.
Byll
October 12, 2008 @02:23pm