0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Need Samson Crossover Power Transformer


I am VERY disappointed and surprised that Samson has not been very helpful on finding a repair part, or at least a service manual/schematic for the S-3 Electronic crossover.
The power transformer is dead. Basically, no secondary power, even though the meter shows the windings with some resistance, but no resistance at all on the primary side. Cable and fuse is good, of course.
The thing is, I could probably even replace this with a Radio Shack transformer in a pinch if I can't get a factory replacement, but I can't seem to determine the voltage on the secondary side and don't want to mess up things.
Besides, I really should be able to find the source of replacement parts.
If I can't get a factory replacement part on an item still in production...well, I can't say I would EVER buy Samson again!
Hope someone can point me in the right direction. Yes, I did try the Samson parts site, but nothing seems to be recognizing any part number on the transformer.
October 1, 2008 @07:13pm

Strange. You might try contacting our parts department. We should be able to get it for you.
October 1, 2008 @07:23pm

You should try to a good instrument Department.
October 3, 2008 @04:10pm