0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Presidents' Day Sale! Ends Today

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

sequenced bass parts for live show...

johnnyg88

hey guys!
new poster here.
im in a band that uses sequenced bass parts that are played back live. we use the boss dr 880 machine. whats really nifty about it is that you can create patterns (verse, chorus etc to a song) and put them together as a song, and play them back. it also has multiple outputs so i can record a cowbell to count time and send it out to our drummers headphone amp separately. unfortunately, our unit is now running out of room and expansion isnt an option on this unit.
what should we upgrade to? whats the standard out there to play sequenced parts live? were open to software and hardware as well.
some wants:
- to be able to bump a song up a few BPMs on the fly depending on the crowd response.
- multiple outputs and the ability to route click and different instruments to different sides (if only stereo is available)
- expandability or lots of HD space!
- built in sounds?
ultimately ANY other options would be great. i honestly am not that experienced when it comes to playing back pre recorded stuff live, ive only used this DR 880, so any advice would be awesome! thanks!
September 26, 2008 @02:25am
skinnymike

Hello. i know of a few drum machines/samplers you may like.
-any of the mpcs 500,1000,2500,5000
-roland mv8000 or the 8800
I am a roland guy and have been using roland products for a long time. I like the mpcs, but to me roland products are fairly easy to use, fantastic sounds, and upgradeable/expandable. mpcs are too, but everyone has an mpc...good luck. peace.
hey guys!
new poster here.
im in a band that uses sequenced bass parts that are played back live. we use the boss dr 880 machine. whats really nifty about it is that you can create patterns (verse, chorus etc to a song) and put them together as a song, and play them back. it also has multiple outputs so i can record a cowbell to count time and send it out to our drummers headphone amp separately. unfortunately, our unit is now running out of room and expansion isnt an option on this unit.
what should we upgrade to? whats the standard out there to play sequenced parts live? were open to software and hardware as well.
some wants:
- to be able to bump a song up a few BPMs on the fly depending on the crowd response.
- multiple outputs and the ability to route click and different instruments to different sides (if only stereo is available)
- expandability or lots of HD space!
- built in sounds?
ultimately ANY other options would be great. i honestly am not that experienced when it comes to playing back pre recorded stuff live, ive only used this DR 880, so any advice would be awesome! thanks!
October 29, 2008 @10:40pm