0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month 2

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Mbox 2, getting it to work with all clients

Rocknje

Hello everyone,
I am trying to listen and produce my mixes through my headphones, so I don't disturb anyone, I am sure some of you can relate. I am using a MBox2 and my main DAW is FL Studio. My goal here is to listen to FL Studio along with using the Fruity Html Notebook to access youtube and be able to hear sound from there as well.
From what I learned is that Mbox can only use one client at a time, for example, I can only use Windows player and in order to hear audio from youtube on IE I would have to close Windows Media Player to do so.
Is there any way, drivers or other methods I can try so I can Open up FL Studio and be able to open up the Fruity Html Notebook and Listen to youtube at the same time or use Windows media player at the same time, for example.
Thank you.
September 25, 2008 @01:28pm
tech1

No there is not. The Digidesign ASIO driver is a one app at a time driver. You could use the MBox with one application, and then a built-in sound card with the others.
September 25, 2008 @01:49pm
Rocknje

No there is not. The Digidesign ASIO driver is a one app at a time driver. You could use the MBox with one application, and then a built-in sound card with the others.

Thank you very much. That is the impression I was getting, you have confirmed. Have a great day.
September 25, 2008 @02:36pm
Kevyn

While what Tech1 said is very true about the Digidesign ASIO driver being one app at a time there is a work a round that I use that does the trick for me.
I have a PC and I have an M-Audio Revolution 7.1 sound card installed in it that I run directly into my M-Box2 Line inputs and it allows me to listen to anything I have playing sound on my computer through my MBox2. To pull this off I did the following... I took a 1/8 to 1/8 cable from my sound card into a 1/8 to 1/4 adapter from there I used a 1/4 female to 1/4 male Y-adapter which plugs right into my Line inputs on my M-Box. I have my sound card as my default sound card but since it plays through the MBox2 they both work together as my MBox2 actually becomes a mixer in a sense.
I listen to Windows media player, Reason, FL, Sound Forge, and of course Pro Tools this way and I have had no problems thus far.
Hope it works for you like it did for me.
Kev
October 9, 2008 @04:27pm