0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Samson EX 20?

bobbyb96734

Anyone tried these speakers? I'm considering using them as a stage monitor. What's your opinion on sound quality and your overall impression?
August 14, 2001 @09:35pm
AcousticPro

These are pretty good speakers, but pretty application specific. What type of music and scenario are you looking to put them into?
August 15, 2001 @02:37pm
bobbyb96734

Im looking right now to use it as an single stage monitor for a trio that plays stuff like (if I would have to categorize it) hawaiian music, reggae, jazz, to acoustic rock. All three sing and instruments include Bass, Elec/Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar. No drums yet and no drum machine. Bass and Electric are line-ins from amps. Acoustic is direct. For mains I'm using Mackie SMR450's and and a Mackie 1202.
Hope that cocers it. Thanks for your reply!
August 15, 2001 @07:46pm
bobbyb96734

I swear the "c" in "cocers" was a "v".
August 15, 2001 @07:50pm
AcousticPro

I'll be real honest. The Samson gear has come a long long way in the past several years, it sounds and performs much better than it used to. If portability and price are your two most important factors then you will be hard pressed to beat the EX20 for what you're doing. The new JBL Eon10G2 may be worth a look for a little more money. Let me know if I can help further. Drop me a line if it would help to talk through the options and allow me the opportunity to be a little more specific on my recommendations for your set-up. I try not to push any certain company or product as some people would end up buying something just because we said it was cool (which most gear these days is in some form) and may not be the best for their money.
August 15, 2001 @07:58pm