0% Interest for 48 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Live Sound Month!

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Alesis DM5 help

xcr600man

I have a alesis DM5 pro and cant figure out why I can only get soft beats in the middle of the toms. The outside of the toms dont work unless they are struck hard. I would think then drum head would be the same across the whole head. any ideas or adjustments???
July 14, 2008 @10:14pm
JrummerJ

I am not really familiar with Alesis modules, but it sounds like you need to tweak the input gain, sensitivity, or threshold settings. Also, the DM5 (and maybe the pads, too) doesn't support any dual zone inputs, so if you are talking about hitting the rims and not getting any sounds, that is normal.
J
July 15, 2008 @02:57pm
xcr600man

I know the rims are not dual zone. Im referring to the head itself. I will try tweaking the module itself and see what happens.
thanks
July 15, 2008 @05:45pm
Flogging The Horses

Hey can anyone help me out or give some advice? The cymbal pads arent triggering on my kit, and ive double checked over and over again with the wiring etc, and its all right, and ive looked to see if id accidentally altered any settings on the module itself and i havent. I also get an 'echo' effect on the hi hat when i hit, so the sound plays again straight after the first... sorry for all the questions lol, would really appreciate some feedback?! :)
x
February 7, 2009 @10:08pm