0% Interest for 48 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Live Sound Month!

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

DI boxes for bass

Nika

Has anyone compared the Manley tube DI against the very respected Avalon U5?? Is the EQ on the Manley more flexible than the "contours" on the U5?
July 7, 2001 @12:57am
grandesigns

I've never had a chance to try either of those. I'd like to know what people think too.
I've been using a BSS box. It does a decent job. I had a Stewart before that and I just wore it out giging. Everyone said get Countryman. I tried it. It was fine, but the BSS sounded every bit as good, and the thing is absolutely indestructible.
If I got an Avalon or something I'd probably never take it out live, but it would be interesting to try it in my studio setup.
July 24, 2001 @11:28pm
Rael

I also have a couple of those BSS boxes. They are HEAVY DUTY man! I love 'em. Of course I'm pretty happy with my old ProCo DI's too. Guess I'm not that picky.
July 26, 2001 @02:03am
T. Alan Smith

I have been using an ol' Whirlwind IMP DI since I started playing bass. A buddy of mine bought it for his electric percussion set-up and gave it to me when he quit. I'ts always served me well, but I may be in the market for a new one-something that's killer for all-around(bass, guitar, keys, etc...). I'm kinda looking at the Countryman as well.
T. Alan
August 20, 2001 @05:57pm
T. Alan Smith

Any ideas Nikka?
August 25, 2001 @12:56am