0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
January Clearance 2017

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Casio Px-320 Keyboard Review

DIZZYFINGERS

I Checked This Piano Out At The Guitar Center. Against All The Others In This Price Range. The Casio Px-320 Blows The Rest Of Them Away. Dont Expect To Get Much Service From The Casio Home Office,. It Wont Happen. I Contacted Them 3 Times with some questions By Email, Using Their Reply Form And Not One Reply Back. This Tells Me They Just Don't Have There Act Together. This Is A Shame. I Did Get A Return Call Back Right Away When I Called Sweetwater. They Are A Great Place To Buy Your Music Products.
One Problem I Noticed With The Px-320 , (and It Might Have Been This Individual Unit) Is When I Played A Two Hand Chord Very Hard Everything Cut Out. It Was Fine As Long As You Didn't Play A Hard Chord. Again, This May Just Have Been A Defect In This Individual Unit
Does It Sound Good? It Sounds Great. Nothing Will Touch This Piano Sound and keyboard feel For This Kind Of Price
You Would Have To Spent A Ton Of Money To Even Come Close To Matching The Wonderful Piano Sounds. Another Thing I Liked Is 2 Head Phone Jacks, Midi Outs And Ins, A Usb Port, Along With A 2 gig Memory Card Insert.
I will Probably Buy This Keyboard, Providing Casio's Customer Service Dept. Gets There Act Together.
yes, the casio px-320 is the best bang for the buck on todays keyboard market.
April 23, 2008 @12:23am
KeyZ

The above sounds like it was written by a Casio Fanboy doesn't it? I can't believe what I was reading. First of all go play one of these and tell me the action doesn't annoy the heck out of you and feel off. Secondly I would take a Yamaha P120 or P90 over one of these any day of the week. Yes Yamaha's prior technology is better than this and lastly if your going to shell out that much for a digital piano, why not shell out a bit more out a get something way, way better than the PX-320 like the Roland FP4 or Yamaha CP33. Sorry, I am very familiar with the PX-320, but would never recommend it when such obvious better choices exist. Don't get me wrong its not a bad keyboard, but if you do your homework you will realize better choices exist.
April 23, 2008 @03:46am
iamironman

The above sounds like it was written by a Casio Fanboy doesn't it? I can't believe what I was reading. First of all go play one of these and tell me the action doesn't annoy the heck out of you and feel off. Secondly I would take a Yamaha P120 or P90 over one of these any day of the week. Yes Yamaha's prior technology is better than this and lastly if your going to shell out that much for a digital piano, why not shell out a bit more out a get something way, way better than the PX-320 like the Roland FP4 or Yamaha CP33. Sorry, I am very familiar with the PX-320, but would never recommend it when such obvious better choices exist. Don't get me wrong its not a bad keyboard, but if you do your homework you will realize better choices exist.

I agree 100% with you keyz. I was looking at digital pianos a few months ago and considered the Casio PX320. Your advice is exactly what I would recommend as well. Used the P120 and new the FP4 or CP33. These were the best units I tried. i recently also played a Kawai Mp5 which was a very nice digital piano. Unfortunately it was a friend of a friends. I haven' t been able to find one to play locally yet at a store for a more in depth opinion.
April 23, 2008 @04:42am
supermanrulez

While each person is entitled to their opinion I agree with the assessment given by Keyz. I don't think the Casio PX-320 compares well with the models mentioned by Keyz. I played one for about 10 minutes at a local music store but was turned off by the action and not overly impressed with the sound quality. The piano sound was usable but many of the other sounds were flat and uninspiring to me.
April 23, 2008 @07:52pm
TBob

I have to take the above reviewers' word for it that these other keyboards outperform the Casio PX320, but I'd like to point out that each is hundreds of dollars more on Sweetwater and pounds heavier, both of which are considerations for me. I have used a Casio Privia 100 at rehearsals and gigs many times (big swing band and small dixieland band) and have been quite happy with it. It's as good as my Korg SP200 and 14 lbs. lighter. I've tried the Casio Px 320 and am considering it. If I had those extra hundreds of dollars, and didn't mind lugging the extra weight I might try those other keyboards.
June 8, 2008 @07:27pm
Dbomb

In my recent keyboard search, I remember playing the Casio PX-320. I sold a Yamaha P120 a few years back due to cash issues and I have to agree that the PX-320 is not a viable option for me. I didn't like the action and sounds were subpar at best. The piano was adequate but not stellar or really useable in any serious application. I think the posters on this thread bring up some valid points and it comes down to personal preference. I just happen to agree with some of the naysayers comments. I prefer the sound of the lower end DGX and YDP stuff from Yamaha. I would take the Yamaha P85 over the Casio Px-320 which are both similarly priced because I feel the sound quality and action are much better on the Yamaha P-85. I will say that the Casio Privia Series is good value for the $ and they offer good options for low end DP's. So muchof the criteria is subjective about all we can say is what is best for us. I've tried so many things over the past few months and formed my opinions about them.
June 8, 2008 @07:45pm
mattsmusicstudio

Casio is one type of keyboard I would never want to own, although I owned some when I was starting out, lets just say I've made some serious upgrades.
I do not like them at all.
Even though they are affordable, they are not that great
Casio does good making electronics, but not keyboards
Thats just my opinion though
June 9, 2008 @12:53am