0% Interest for 48 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Live Sound Month!

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Looking for a wav sequencer...

Beretta

Hey all. I've been doing some sequencing with Tunafish lately. For the registration of only $30 it's pretty good, but I've run into a pretty huge limitation - there are only TWO available time signatures, 4/4 and 3/4. That's far from ideal, so I'm looking around for something else.
Here's what it absolutely must have. Anything more is a bonus:
1) Must be able to use WAV files in drum sequencing, since my drums are all individual hits in WAV format (see tunafish for an example of a sequencer that does this simply brilliantly).
2) Must be able to use VSTi instruments and effects (tunafish does this brilliantly as well).
3) Ideally will have a mixer GUI with sliders for each track.
4) Must have more than two time signatures. :D
I don't need to use any external midi devices, and I don't need to use the mic input to record vocals or anything. No programs or devices need to be synced.
Does anyone know of anything like that? Free is best, but I don't mind paying if it's reasonably priced.
April 14, 2008 @12:44am
TimOBrien

REAPER
www.reaper.fm
Cheap and free to try until you get guilty enough to pay for it (and it's worth it.)
You can also go out to Barnes&Noble and pick up a ComputerMusic magazine.
They put a DVD in every month with a full free music production suite plus tons of goodies...
April 14, 2008 @04:05pm
Beretta

I use Reaper for recording my guitar tracks, but it just falls down as a sequncer when you're working with one shot wav files. It just wasn't made for that at all. :(
August 29, 2009 @09:58am
TimOBrien

Not if you use a sampler plugin for triggering one-shots.
Shortcircuit will do that in Reaper and its FREEEEEEEE.
http://vemberaudio.se/shortcircuit.php
August 29, 2009 @07:36pm