0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Boss dr 880 help please

babyboss

Hello forum
Im new here so please bear with me.
I guess this question has been asked already so sorry if Im repeating myself
I have got the Boss dr 880 which is (my opinion) awasom but I cand grasp ho to out patterns together to make a song (go one say it another thicko)
I would like to edit say 141 then 16 bars later put a fill in then 16 bars again then an end fill, but the loop is only 4 bars long.
I cant get my head round the manual it sucks as there is no examaples on how to edit and consrtuct a song.
the sounds and the bass on thr 880 are very life like but can I get my head around programing it.
can a king person please take me through how to do it
thankyou all
Paul
March 22, 2008 @11:21am
contenderguy

I am also having a very difficult time learning how to use this machine. I sat down with the manual and the machine for 3 hours and couldn't even get a basic 4/4 beat of my own to work...... I am been palying guitar professionally for years BUT dont have the skills to program the drum patterns I need to get my demos recorded. I bought this EZ Compose machine to help me BUT it is not. I am obviously missing a step somewhere. If anyone can help me thru this I would be very grateful..............
Hello forum
Im new here so please bear with me.
I guess this question has been asked already so sorry if Im repeating myself
I have got the Boss dr 880 which is (my opinion) awasom but I cand grasp ho to out patterns together to make a song (go one say it another thicko)
I would like to edit say 141 then 16 bars later put a fill in then 16 bars again then an end fill, but the loop is only 4 bars long.
I cant get my head round the manual it sucks as there is no examaples on how to edit and consrtuct a song.
the sounds and the bass on thr 880 are very life like but can I get my head around programing it.
can a king person please take me through how to do it
thankyou all
Paul
September 14, 2010 @12:08am
BPlayer

I would suggest you getting the DVD owners manual - You can watch the teacher go throught the steps vs. just reading it and trying to understand. Very helpful.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DR880DVM/
September 14, 2010 @06:09pm