rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev
0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
June 2017 Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

User listening/post your work forum

Tarktones

I think it would be kind of fun to have a forum devoted to customers/board members sharing samples of their work. Obviously there are some of us who aren't at liberty to offer downloads (without client consent), but even a place specifically where we can provide a link to streaming audio of work we've done just so we can share feedback and discoveries, etc...
Of course, it also has the potential to turn into a cesspool of trolling and insults, but these are pretty civil boards. I think it might also serve as a reference when people are taking advice. For example, if Smithcok and I give conflicting info, you can listen to samples of our stuff and go "Wow, that Tarktones guy stinks! I'm gonna listen to Smith's advice!" lol
But in all honesty, I think it might be fun for the majority of users. Has Sweetwater considered something like this?
March 2, 2008 @09:31pm
alkie

yes this place needs a Critique my song forum, i agree wholeheartedly
Better Without You
if you liked that one check out some more of my so called music at
My Soundclick Page
thanks to anyone who listens,
Alan
January 3, 2009 @05:37am
RawknRoll

I Agree!
I Second That!
January 3, 2009 @01:47pm
DAS

If I understand what you're asking for correctly I think you want more than just a forum, eh? Are you asking for a place (like a server) to actually upload your material and then post it on a forum type of thing?
January 5, 2009 @05:02pm
dpd

^^^ got a few extra TB lying around looking for something to do?
January 5, 2009 @11:15pm
alkie

If I understand what you're asking for correctly I think you want more than just a forum, eh? Are you asking for a place (like a server) to actually upload your material and then post it on a forum type of thing?

There`s no need for a server just a forum dedicated to songs, where we can post links to the material we`ve done, so people can critique our work. There are tons of places to upload for streaming, i believe soundclick.com is the best and it`s free. But a main rule of the new forum is people post links to a player or streaming not a file holding place, where the listener has to waste time downloading the file to listen.
January 7, 2009 @03:20am
Audioholic

yup
no need to actually upload any files here, plenty of us have access to our own ftp, websites, or 3rd party websites that host files.
would be great to see something like this,
January 7, 2009 @05:35am
DAS

Okay, got it. And...DONE. Ask and you shall receive.
Check it out in the general forums section. It's called Sounding Board. Here is a link to it.
http://www.sweetwater.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78
There are a few ground rules there that I am including below for your reference. We hate rules so we tried to keep it simple so hopefully common sense will prevail.
Now we'll need everyone's help to kindly direct these sorts of posts to this spot, okay?
Enjoy
-----------------------

Welcome to the Sounding Board. This is the place to post links to your music for others to listen to and post comments and suggestions. There are a few ground rules:
Do not upload files to this forum.
Instead, post a link to a site that offers streaming audio of your music. Avoid requiring listeners to download song files.
Post only YOUR songs.
Or at least only songs you contributed to in a meaningful way by writing, playing, engineering, or mixing.
Play nice.
Don't trash other people's work. Don't be offended if someone doesn't like your work. Don't argue. Don't post offensive material. Warn us if it has explicit lyrics, etc.
Tell us about the gear.
This is a Sweetwater forum, readers will be interested to know some details on how you recorded your track. Let them know what gear you used - mics, preamps, instruments, any special techniques, etc. This will help encourage useful feedback.
Enjoy!
January 7, 2009 @09:23pm
Audioholic

sweet, nicely done
January 8, 2009 @08:49pm
brianbfw

very cool. i'm looking forward to this. the forums here have provided me with a wealth of great info over the past 2 years. it will be great to hear everybody's work.
February 18, 2009 @02:00pm
Tarktones

I agree. Rawk and I have posted MySpace links to our latest work. If you've got something you've got something that clients are okay with you sharing, please do! As long as we keep the feedback constructive and professional.
February 22, 2009 @10:38pm