0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

STEALTHPLUG usb interface for guitar

jawaii5@hotmail.com

I recently purchased a macbook(1 gig RAM,80gig HD)10.5 LE0PARD AND WAS READING THE REQUIREMENTS FOR INSTALLATION OF THE STEALTHPLUG WHICH WAS APPROX.500 RAM OR SO.THAT GOT ME SOME WHAT WORRIED,AS THE MACBOOK ONLY HAS 1 GIG RAM.CAN I INSTALL THE STEALTH PLUG WITHOUT TOO MUCH WORRY?OR SHOULD I BUY MORE RAM(IF THATS POSSIBLE FOR STANDARD MACBOOK(ie:non pro macbook)?ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED AS THAT I AM NEW TO MAC SYSTEMS.
January 14, 2008 @07:49pm
tech1

It's minimum is 500 Megabytes....You have 1 Gigabyte, which is double the minimum. You should be fine on RAM. However, I don't think the Stealthplug is compatible with Leopard.
January 14, 2008 @08:03pm
Smithcok

I recently purchased a macbook(1 gig RAM,80gig HD)10.5 LE0PARD AND WAS READING THE REQUIREMENTS FOR INSTALLATION OF THE STEALTHPLUG WHICH WAS APPROX.500 RAM OR SO.THAT GOT ME SOME WHAT WORRIED,AS THE MACBOOK ONLY HAS 1 GIG RAM.CAN I INSTALL THE STEALTH PLUG WITHOUT TOO MUCH WORRY?OR SHOULD I BUY MORE RAM(IF THATS POSSIBLE FOR STANDARD MACBOOK(ie:non pro macbook)?ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED AS THAT I AM NEW TO MAC SYSTEMS.

You have 1GB of ram (which is ~1000MB).
It probably recommends 512MB
You have more ram than is necessary, so you are fine.
Also, please don't type in all capital letters. Its distracting and hard to read.
January 14, 2008 @08:04pm