0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

xpand!

gaba

i found that xpand does come as a plugin with pro tools 7.3 BUT i bought this computer from someone who had the discs for protools 6 versions, and the pro tools 7 version was a BURNT disc. So, things are missing i guess. like all the plug ins for VI. i'm trying to setup my midi keyboard to record in PT and play piano. Should i just install the older version or keep 7.3 and just install the plug ins myself? i have Reason, an older version and Live lite, but i'm clueless as to how to use them with the VI (setup and all). Because i bought this mac from someone used, most of the instructions on things are missing, so i'm trying to figure it out myself. if anyone could take the time to help that would be great. Thank you I'll try a couple of the suggested solutions in the meantime.
January 5, 2008 @11:47pm
5454stevef

i found that xpand does come as a plugin with pro tools 7.3 BUT i bought this computer from someone who had the discs for protools 6 versions, and the pro tools 7 version was a BURNT disc. So, things are missing i guess. like all the plug ins for VI. i'm trying to setup my midi keyboard to record in PT and play piano. Should i just install the older version or keep 7.3 and just install the plug ins myself? i have Reason, an older version and Live lite, but i'm clueless as to how to use them with the VI (setup and all). Because i bought this mac from someone used, most of the instructions on things are missing, so i'm trying to figure it out myself. if anyone could take the time to help that would be great. Thank you I'll try a couple of the suggested solutions in the meantime.

Most if not all the Digi documentation is available for download for free.
I hear people rag on it from time to time but I think it's pretty good.
SF
January 7, 2008 @12:59pm
Joseph Hanna

Installing the older version will do nothing for you except back date Pro Tools. You'd still have to have a good copy of Xpand to install.
The old version of Xpand was WAY buggy and it's WELL worth the $10.00 to have a copy shipped to you.
January 7, 2008 @04:32pm
eporter66

I just started playing around with Xpand! as this is my first real try with computer recording. I like some of the sounds, and since it came free I plan on using it for awhile until I really know what I am doing ,then I may get some of the better plug-in programs. But for now - this is a nice little addition to Pro Tools M-Powered
February 13, 2008 @04:09am