0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Spring Clearance

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Record drums in reason w/ trigger finger, please help

Jordan01

Hey, im having problems recording with redrum in reason. Im using a trigger finger. I can play the redrum sounds but i cant record into the sequencer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
December 30, 2007 @10:39pm
TechKnowledgy

Are you using Preset 15 or 16 on the Trigger Finger? Those always work for me. There have been several people reporting this same problem on the Enigma Group on Yahoo, but I can't reproduce it. I have no idea what's going wrong because it always records into the sequencer for me.
Is the sequencer track record enabled?
January 2, 2008 @08:03pm
Jordan01

Yea, the sequencer track is enabled and I have tried all 16 presets on preset 16 nothing will record and 15 when i hit the pads it plays the sound but records as knob movements??
January 5, 2008 @09:36pm
Jordan01

When ever I hit a pad the S2 knob (the send) moves up and it records the movement on that however it doesn't record the actual note so no sound plays in playback the send knobs just jump around. If anyone has any ideas please help im so frustrated i spent my money on this thing and i cant record with it
January 6, 2008 @12:45am
TechKnowledgy

Preset 15 is supposed to control the S2 knob. If you hit the pads and it triggers the sounds, the TF is working properly. Your problem has to be somewhere in Reason. Have you tried re-installing Reason?
January 7, 2008 @07:21pm
Jordan01

Thanks for the help guys, iv found the problem... just in case anyone else has ever has this problem, under midi preferences the trigger finger has to be set as <other midi keyboard with controls> not <midi controller>
January 10, 2008 @11:31pm
ZNT

-> thanks for help. i did not work in reason 4 on MAC using enigma...-> i had to change the preferences from "M-audio <other>(MIDI Control Surface) to "<Other> MIDI Multichannel Control Keyboard" ... NOW I CAN RECORD... FINALLLLLYYYYY.
June 20, 2010 @08:54pm
xain

Thanks for the help guys, iv found the problem... just in case anyone else has ever has this problem, under midi preferences the trigger finger has to be set as <other midi keyboard with controls> not <midi controller>

i ran into the same problem and found Jordan01's solution to be very helpful. thanks!
November 16, 2010 @10:23am
kenderman3

I too found Jordan01's solution very helpful!
November 16, 2010 @04:28pm