rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev
0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
July 4 Financing

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Mobile Interface

MMM

I have been looking at the mini-me as a possible interface for a mobile setup, then I saw this.
http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/duet.php
Thoughts?
September 7, 2007 @12:23pm
jpleong

It's very pretty... but I don't like having to rely on dongles for connectivity (more things to carry and lose), it's only 2in/2out and not quite enough hardware control of important things (headphone volume, phantom power, mic gain, etc...). Is the Mini-me still being produced? I couldn't find it on Sweetwater's website.
JP
September 7, 2007 @01:05pm
DAS

The Mini Me is discontinued (became too expensive for them to build and hit the price point). There is no direct replacement at this time.
That being said, we got a preview of the Duet a few days ago and it's actually really cool. It sounds fantastic.
September 7, 2007 @02:21pm
mattc41

wow, that looks like a great interface. so clean and simple, and I'm sure the pre's are nice. this thing paired with Logic could be quite the combo, hopefully they come out with 8 soon :)
September 10, 2007 @10:36pm
MMM

wow, that looks like a great interface. so clean and simple, and I'm sure the pre's are nice. this thing paired with Logic could be quite the combo, hopefully they come out with 8 soon :)

They have this http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/ensemble.php
Sorry thought you were talking about inputs.
September 11, 2007 @01:31pm
mattc41

true, but for me that's more than i need. i've been looking for a good little portable interface and the duet looks perfect. i may get one and just use it with garageband until logic 8 comes out. i love the design of that thing, and the breakout cable doesn't bother me at all.
September 11, 2007 @04:34pm
aitikin

Ironic. You post this about Logic 8 yesterday and Apple releases Logic Studio (Logic 8 and Soundtrack Pro 2) today. So basically, get ordering :D
September 12, 2007 @05:34pm
mattc41

yea that was crazy. i couldn't believe when i saw that today. got logic on order. duet is next :) it's almost like apogee and apple planned it like that...
September 12, 2007 @11:35pm
Guntis

I don't believe it's just an accident that Logic support is built in GarageBand and Logic. They must have met and done something together... :)
September 26, 2007 @03:32pm
Trumpetguy7

I was going to get a nice pre and nice studio mic but I'm now leaning towards a laptop and the Duet! I know Apogee is know for nice conversion (A to D). I had a quick question. I plan on eventually using Finale composition software and will want to use my Motif Keyboard. I noticed the Apogee doesn't have a midi input nor the MacBook Pro laptop. But then again I noticed there exists USB to MIDI adapters. Would that be just what I need without having a problem? Can this work so that I can use my keyboard with Finale AND whatever recording sofware I use (whether it's garage band or Logic express)???
Thanks for your help!
December 18, 2007 @02:37am
Smithcok

I was going to get a nice pre and nice studio mic but I'm now leaning towards a laptop and the Duet! I know Apogee is know for nice conversion (A to D). I had a quick question. I plan on eventually using Finale composition software and will want to use my Motif Keyboard. I noticed the Apogee doesn't have a midi input nor the MacBook Pro laptop. But then again I noticed there exists USB to MIDI adapters. Would that be just what I need without having a problem? Can this work so that I can use my keyboard with Finale AND whatever recording sofware I use (whether it's garage band or Logic express)???
Thanks for your help!

Yes, just about any MIDI interface will work fine.
December 18, 2007 @05:39am
ErikH

The Duet looks nice, but not so long ago one could get the mackie Onyx Satellite for about $200 at GC. Just FYI; I was going to go that route myself.
December 19, 2007 @02:03pm