0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
February Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Problem with shut down of Macintosh G4 & unless MOTU MIDI interfaces are turned on.

rjsmo

I have an ongoing problem with the shutdown process for my two Mac G4s running two different MOTU MIDI interfaces--a MIDI Timepiece and a MOTU Express XT. In both cases the computer will Reestart instead of turning off, if these interfaces are turned off. Basically they must be on in order for my G4s to shut down properly.
Is their a solution to this problem?
Thanks.
Richard
rjs@soundendeavors.com
August 26, 2002 @03:41am
MMazur

I've also had the same problem with my G4 not wanting to shut down unless my interfaces are turned on. I'm running DP3 with a 2408mkII, a Midi Timepiece, and a pair of MTP AVs. If the interface units are not turned on, when I shut down the G4 it just recycles and powers backup. Any suggestions?
August 28, 2002 @03:56pm
BradLyons

I do not know the answer to this, but will ask one of our Support Techs here at Sweetwater to see what the issue might be.
August 28, 2002 @04:18pm
Justin

Not much help, but it looks like it's a known MOTU issue.
here's the documentation of it in our knowledge base, but not much in the way of a solution.
http://www.sweetwater.com/support/ts/detail.php?index=3691&skip=7&max=1&keyword=motu+shut+down
August 28, 2002 @04:38pm
BradLyons

This is a known issue, which MOTU blames on Apple's USB implementation. _It most commonly occurs when a MOTU USB interface is connected to the G4's USB port and powered OFF.
Solution : keep the MOTU USB midi interface _ON_ while shutting down the G4
August 29, 2002 @03:23pm