0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Good studio moniters?

groovemovement

i have about 750 for studio moniters and a subwoofer.
any suggestions?
(give or take $75)
August 16, 2007 @01:09am
Force Effect

I recently designed this guide to help answer just that question:
http://www.sweetwater.com/feature/monitoring/
A lot of good tips from the guys here. I ended up picking up a pair of Event ALP5s on a more limited budget and I'm very satisfied.
-------
Force Effect
http://www.forceeffect.com
August 23, 2007 @08:20pm
mikelava

If you could scrape up around $900, I'd recommend the Yamaha HS50M's and the companion sub. I own the HS50M's and can't say enough good things about them. There are no better monitors for the money out there, in my opinion.
I traded in my Event ALP5's for the Yamaha's, as the pair of Event's I had buzzed something terrible, right out of the box. I even traded for an identical pair and had the same exact problem.
The Yamaha's saved the day. I couldn't be happier.
August 24, 2007 @01:38am
Kevyn

If your looking for accurate monitors on a budget I can't stress to you enough the idea of looking into the Samson Rubicon Series of monitors. I have a pair of R6a's and they suit me very well. I had originally bought the R5a's but the bass response wasn't what I was looking for but they were dead on in terms of accuracy. You could buy either the R5a's or R6a's and the matching sub and still not exceed 750.00 and I think you would be very pleased with the end result.
I myself plan on adding the matching sub to my setup here in the near future and I can honestly say that these will be my main set of monitors until I can afford a pair of Adams.
Try them out along side some more expensive monitors and bring along some music you know and love and give them a chance.
Hope this helps, Good luck!
August 25, 2007 @06:42am