0% Interest for 48 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Live Sound - 2 days left

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Pro Tools audio clock problems

rinhaak

I was using Pro Tools 7.3.1 for Mac this morning. (For my complete system, please see my previous post http://www.sweetwater.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18312)
Everything was working fine. I then took a lunch break, and when I came back and tried to play back what I was working on, I got the message: "Problem detected with audio clock. Check that your clock source and sample rate are correct." How do I fix this? I didn't change a thing between this morning and now; don't know why it suddenly won't play!
Help!!
August 9, 2007 @09:02pm
EC_Beast

I'm not currently at my computer with Pro Tools on it, so I can't recall the exact location, but I believe it's preferences, and hardware? There should be a clock tab, and it should be set to "internal"...unless you have an internal clock source on your M-Audio which it doesn't look like you do. If that doesn't work, try power cycling the audio interface to see if it re-locks the clock signal.
August 12, 2007 @05:04am
lilbabyboy

Hey i have the same problem with my pro tools how do i fix it????
"Problem detected with audio clock. Check that your clock source and sample rate are correct." How do I fix this?
April 9, 2010 @07:53pm
zbornak78

If you are running an Mbox or other USB interface, try quitting Pro Tools and then switching to a different USB port on your computer. Preferably try one on a different bus and without a hub.
This worked for me on Pro Tools 8 as well.
Hope this helps if you still need it.
Mark
July 26, 2011 @07:15pm