0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month 4

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

8Pre Driver Problem

Kevin Williams

Hi all,
New to this forum. I am the Church Projects Manager at Quality Sound and Video. I got my start as a sound tech at my church here in Fayetteville, NC. I have been with Quality Sound and Video for 3 1/2 years, now.
My question relates to the new 8Pre. I am having difficulties loading the drivers for them. I had initially treated the 8Pre's (there are 4 for a total of 32 channels into my client's Editing Computer) as plug-n-play devices and then saw the line in the manual that says to load drivers before connecting devices... oops! I then contacted MOTU Tech Spt who suggested I uninstall the drivers, disconnect the devices & start from scatch.
After that was done, I tried to re-install drivers. Everything seemed to be going just fine. 5 drivers loaded and then a screen came up that looked like the last step in the process but it froze up at that point. I tried other discs and downloaded the drivers from the web site, all to no avail.
The computer is a custom built w/Windows XP Pro, SP-2, 2X250 GB HDD in a mirrored RAID Config, a DVD-ROM, a DVD-R/RW and a 13 in 1 Media Reader (for CF, SD & the like), an NVidia Quadro FX 1500 dual head DVI video card and twin 22" widescreen flat panels. The major program suite on this machine is Adobe Production Studio Premium w/Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Photoshop, etc.
Any of you MOTU or computer pros out there have any suggestions on where I should be focusing to troubleshoot this beast? Feel free to ask for any other info.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
July 7, 2007 @10:40pm
TimOBrien

You should call up and/or email Motu again.
Chances are there were parts that did not uninstall correctly when you removed the drivers (a common Windows problem as the whole registry system has always been a mess since Win3.1!)
They should be able to guide you through cleaning up the registry and files properly....
July 8, 2007 @08:54pm
Kevin Williams

Tim,
Thanks, I had intended to do that on Monday but was hoping that someone knew of a quick fix b4 then. I guess this is a hard lesson on the importance of reading the manual first ;-)
Thanks for your speedy reply.
July 8, 2007 @11:07pm