rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
June 2017 Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Can't start SetMaker 2.0 Windows version

anthom

Just installed SetMaker last night, and was able to enter a few songs. When I've tried to get back into it after booting up today, it either hangs on the splash screen, or loads the splash screen, then disappears.
It's worked before, what could be going wrong?
July 21, 2002 @09:59pm
Joe Lester

Hmmm... This is a weird one . I can try to help you trouble shoot it. Feel free to e-mail me directly joe_lester@sweetwater.com.
The first thing I would do is to make sure that you don't have multiple copies of Java installed in your Add/Remove Programs Control Panel.
If you don't find anything there try uninstalling Java and reinstalling it again. Make sure it's version 1.2:
http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/jre/download-windows.html
July 23, 2002 @02:54pm
vjohnson

I am having similiar problems. Loaded the software, entered a few songs and this morning cannot get into the software. It loads (splash screen comes on but goes away), it is listing in the processes running but does not appear on the screen ....v
October 2, 2002 @02:39pm
Joe Lester

I can try to help you trouble shoot it. Feel free to e-mail me directly joe_lester@sweetwater.com.
First, lets try the old standbys: make sure that you don't have multiple copies of Java installed in your Add/Remove Programs Control Panel.
If you don't find anything there try uninstalling Java and reinstalling it again. Make sure it's version 1.2:
http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/jre/download-windows.html
October 2, 2002 @02:48pm
anthom

Actually, I finally figured it out. In my case, I had deleted the default "songs" that come with it (Set 1, break, etc.). I ended up deleting the folder where SetMaker was installed and re-installing it.
I hope that'll help anyone else having problems...
October 3, 2002 @12:12pm