0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Any Suggestions on a Good Practice Combo?

AnthemBassMan

-Anyone here have any suggestions for me on a good combo? Right now I'm looking at the Carvin PB-100's, Behringer BX1200, and SWR LA-15. Essentially I'm looking for a good 100 watts or so amp for around $300. This is probably a loaded question, but I'm just a poor guy from Ohio. I don't have a lot of cash to burn. So any ideas you would have would be greatly appreciated. Right now I'm using a Hatrke B-30 combo. It's a good little amp but a little short on power.If I had the cash I would be looking at the SWR Workingman's 12. What about any used models from Peavey, Fender, Hartke, G-K? Thanks again.
L8R,
Matt D.
July 19, 2002 @04:04pm
Messin_With_The _Kids

I'd look into the Ashdown Electric Blue 15-130. 15 in speaker, 130 watts RMS. It sells for about $400 which I know is a bit more than you wanted to spend, but I think it's a much better amp than any of those you mentioned.
July 19, 2002 @04:40pm
AnthemBassMan

-I was looking at that one too. I've just never heard of them until about a year ago. Nobody around here has any idea about them either. Are they what you'd call a bang for the buck? Maybe I'll just have to save a while longer. Also was looking at the Kustom 100 watt bass combo with the Celestion speaker. Any clue on those? Thanks for the reply.
L8R,
Matt D.
July 19, 2002 @09:09pm
AnthemBassMan

-I was just looking around and found the G-k Backline 112 and the Hartke Kickback with the 10 aluminum driver. I heard about the Trace's a while back. Not sure if it was right after Gibson bought them or not, but I heard that they had a lot of electronic problems. Thanks again for the input. I've been playing guitar since I was 12, but only started on bass about 2 yrs ago, so I still have quite a bit to learn.
L8R,
Matt D.
July 19, 2002 @09:35pm
Messin_With_The _Kids

July 19, 2002 @10:54pm