0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
#WinYourWestones

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

You guys short on MOD's?

Aahx

I found two spam posts in the Keyboard section. I reported both.. but one was dated in April, and the other in May. I know how life can get busy and all, but it appears you are short on moderators checking the forums of late? I would volunteer myself, but as it is with my busy summer schedule I only check these forums about once every 2 weeks.
June 5, 2007 @05:15pm
michaelhoddy

I check the forums about 4 times daily and delete any spam I find. The only exceptions are when I'm away from my computer for a few days, which is very rare. I just checked the Keyboard forum, and I don't see any recent undeleted spam. The other (Sweetwater) guys are rather vigilant as well with any of their respective forums.
EDIT: Just saw the posts you were looking at. The reason we didn't get those earlier is because they were buried in the middle of a legit topic, which doesn't happen very often. That's a new trick I'll look out for from now on.
June 5, 2007 @05:59pm
DAS

Yes, I delete spam messages from any and all forums multiple times every day I am at work, and most days I'm not.
I have started to see a few more people sneaking them into existing threads so I'm trying to be more rigorous about checking those, but that does take considerably more time.
June 5, 2007 @06:50pm
Aahx

Thats cool.. I just was curious. I myself mod 3 other forums and have seen that tactic quite often this spring. Anyway.. glad to bring your attention to the tactic. ^the above was not a complaint.. just a "hey.. it's slippin through the cracks" kinda thing.
June 6, 2007 @01:21am
Justin

I think it's a new kind of spambot. It seems to follow a pretty regular pattern in the format of the posts. It's just figuring out where it posts that is the problem.
June 6, 2007 @12:43pm
irisapeter

You can start making 2 to 3 times as much wow goldas you currently are making on very common items. You can hundreds of gold every day using simple tactics with professions. You will finally be ahead of the competition by knowing what the "next big item" is going to be long before it ever goes up in price. you can be wielding the best weapons, wearing the most elite armor, riding the rarest mounts and generally being the envy of all your friends. All you want to know and all you can do is right here at www.usawowgold.com. Check it out and all life in world of warcraft could be totally changed because of how much wow gold you can make easily.
April 12, 2010 @02:28am