0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
24 Day Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

You guys short on MOD's?

Aahx

I found two spam posts in the Keyboard section. I reported both.. but one was dated in April, and the other in May. I know how life can get busy and all, but it appears you are short on moderators checking the forums of late? I would volunteer myself, but as it is with my busy summer schedule I only check these forums about once every 2 weeks.
June 5, 2007 @05:15pm
michaelhoddy

I check the forums about 4 times daily and delete any spam I find. The only exceptions are when I'm away from my computer for a few days, which is very rare. I just checked the Keyboard forum, and I don't see any recent undeleted spam. The other (Sweetwater) guys are rather vigilant as well with any of their respective forums.
EDIT: Just saw the posts you were looking at. The reason we didn't get those earlier is because they were buried in the middle of a legit topic, which doesn't happen very often. That's a new trick I'll look out for from now on.
June 5, 2007 @05:59pm
DAS

Yes, I delete spam messages from any and all forums multiple times every day I am at work, and most days I'm not.
I have started to see a few more people sneaking them into existing threads so I'm trying to be more rigorous about checking those, but that does take considerably more time.
June 5, 2007 @06:50pm
Aahx

Thats cool.. I just was curious. I myself mod 3 other forums and have seen that tactic quite often this spring. Anyway.. glad to bring your attention to the tactic. ^the above was not a complaint.. just a "hey.. it's slippin through the cracks" kinda thing.
June 6, 2007 @01:21am
Justin

I think it's a new kind of spambot. It seems to follow a pretty regular pattern in the format of the posts. It's just figuring out where it posts that is the problem.
June 6, 2007 @12:43pm