We Love Gear Sale
Sweetwater Forums

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Introductions

Nika

I think it would be rude of me to not ask people to introduce themselves. This way we can all feel welcomed in here and we'll have a pretty good idea of who's here.
My name is Nika. I am a classical recording engineer originally from Seattle. I most often record classical performances and 2 channel, direct-to-disk location recording.
What do you want us to know about you? Chime in! We're happy to have you here!
July 6, 2001 @11:55pm
Rishathra

hi. i'm rishathra... I play bass and the grocery cart.
July 7, 2001 @12:03am
recordingpro

Matt Mylroie -
I have a college music education and I worked as an engineer, producer, and session musician for a small professional studio for several years (which i also just happened to own) before coming to work in consulting and sales at Sweetwater. I currently do a lot of freelance engineering and producing over a wide range of musical styles.
July 7, 2001 @12:32am
Nika

Originally posted by Rishathra
hi. i'm rishathra... I play bass and the grocery cart.

Well we'll all be looking forward to the lengthy digest you give us on appropriate ways to mic a grocery cart!
July 7, 2001 @12:39am
ian*

Hello all,
I am Ian,a drummer from Louisiana very interested in sound reinforcement. Eager to learn something from you guys.
:D
July 7, 2001 @04:55am
Nika

Ian,
Welcome aboard! We all hope to learn something from you as well.
Thanx!
Nika.
July 7, 2001 @05:19am
Andrew

Hi!
My name is Andrew. I have a degree in Electrical Engineering from Michigan Tech University. I built and ran a small recording studio in Eugene, Oregon before I came to Sweetwater to work as a Sales Engineer.
My primary instrument is the banjo, and I also own an accordion. :p
Nice to make y'alls acquaintance.
-Andrew
July 10, 2001 @04:59pm
Nika

I thought I'd bring this back to the top. A lot of people have contributed. Anyone care to introduce themselves?
July 25, 2001 @11:24pm
Rishathra

Hi... my name is Rishathra.. i am on the hunt for the elusive A&P shopping cart with the wobbling front left wheel... circa 1980. If anyone has a line on one please let me know...
wow.. should this be it's own thread? sorry for cluttering this one...
July 26, 2001 @02:24am
Geo

Well, Nika, glad you brought it "up" :) OK, it was kinda cute at first, anyway...
I'm a recording, audio, and electronics hobbyist from way back (I fixed a bunch of tube-laden TV sets as a kid, to give a clue). I also have a degree in Electrical Engineering from VPI&SU. I develop electronic circuits for a living. I've built a lot of my own audio gear, including my modest recording studio, which is primarily for the benefit of my kids. I also do a fair amount of "on-location" recording.
I love recording music, and learning new stuff about it.
July 26, 2001 @07:37pm
Alexander

My name is Alexander Jenkins. I play violin and piano, sing bass and try real hard at the guitar. I studied music theory and composition and sound recording in college. I worked professionally as an engineer in several studios and have composed for radio, television and film. I've freelanced on some fun projects for PBS, National Geographic, New York theater, independant films for Sundance, outdoor theater and more books on tape than I wish to admit.
I have a very musically tanlented wife and two sons who are patient with my interest in inanimate metal boxes with flashing lights and rooms that do strange things to your ears.
I now work as a technology consultant and sales engineer at Sweetwater.
July 28, 2001 @07:00pm
Coerce

My name is Kevin Mucha.
I own a studio out in the western suburbs of Chicago. It's a residential studio but I took about two years to build it (did all the work myself) and I paid strict attention to acoustics. Did lots of reading on acoustical theory and visited a lot of places before I started. I'm happy with how it turned out as are my clients. At least I assume so as they keep coming back!
Prost to all...
July 30, 2001 @09:48pm
Ted

My name is Ted Hunter. I studied sound recording in college after starting off with percussion performance and ran a mobile recording studio to pay my way through college, in addition to working and teaching in the college recording studio. I've played drums in bands for years and also play some keyboards and drums, but my real passions (at least as far as this forum is concerned) are drumming and recording. My main focus in recording is recording acoustic sources...everything from folk and classical to jazz to rock...pretty much anything you put a microphone in front of (although I do dabble in MIDI as well). I currently work as a consultant at Sweetwater. Of course, I still have a growing studio in my basement, which my 11-month-old daughter is quickly becoming fascinated with.
July 31, 2001 @12:03am
Nika

Just thought this should go back to the top. There are a lot of new people in here.
Introductions?
Nika.
August 25, 2001 @03:45am
xigaa

My name is Lance Twitchell and I'm a Neanderthal Guitarist learning to sing and play keys. I am both facinated and intimidated by the amount of knowledge and experience posted so far. Living in a small town in Southeast Alaska, I'm trying to develop my recording skills and eventually build a small project studio, possibly a record label.
I have a long way to go, but hope to just keep asking the right quesitons and take the right approach to continue learning. I'm also trying to be a rock star, but I've got to control the belly to be a young elvis before becoming an old elvis.
Rishathra: what's your take on these new plastic shopping carts? They lack the warmth of the old school, steel classics. It's all about that vintage sound, man.
August 27, 2001 @12:05am
Close Close $6,000 Mackie PA System Giveaway -- input your email address below to enter or click here to learn more.

See giveaway details & rules or check out our past winners!

Success!

Your email, test has been entered to win this giveaway. Good Luck!