rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
June 2017 Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Additional Preamps with MBox?

mightypudge

Is there any way of adding additional preamps to the Mbox? The MBox has a SPDIF in, and I was hoping to add something like a Focusrite OctoPre or TrakMaster to add an extra (or several extra) preamp(s).
July 8, 2002 @09:29pm
Ted

Yes and no...you can go out of another preamp through the analog or digital inputs, but you can only record two tracks at once with the M Box. So you can use additional preamps, although a better term may be "alternative" preamps.
-Ted
July 12, 2002 @11:14pm
BlackOctopus

Hi, i have an MBox question..if i need to record the audio output of a synthesizer into pro tools i assume i plug the L/R outputs of the synth into the mbox and then run monitors from the ouput of mbox..right?
could i also have a DJ mixer line into the mbox at the same time..on another input in order to record vinyl or minidisc samples into pro tools??
thanks..i nearly understand!
September 24, 2002 @10:02pm
Ted

Hi, i have an MBox question..if i need to record the audio output of a synthesizer into pro tools i assume i plug the L/R outputs of the synth into the mbox and then run monitors from the ouput of mbox..right?

Right.
could i also have a DJ mixer line into the mbox at the same time..on another input in order to record vinyl or minidisc samples into pro tools??

Only if you go in mono...keyboard in left, DJ mixer in right (or vice versa). Otherwise, you'd have to unplug the keyboard, plug in the DJ mixer, and record them in separate passes. Or plug both into a mixer...or use a patchbay...but you can only record two tracks at once with the M Box.
-Ted
September 24, 2002 @10:31pm