rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
July 4 Financing

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

How many amps do you have?

Mattyc146

How many amps do you have? What are they?
April 7, 2007 @07:58pm
Mattyc146

AC30 CC2
2 Small Fender amps
April 7, 2007 @08:01pm
Audioholic

The question should be, how many amps have you gone through :D :D
April 7, 2007 @09:27pm
Mattyc146

If thats the case then i also had some kinda of crate 2x12 for a couple years. NEVER BUY CRATE
April 8, 2007 @11:45pm
mickyratt

If thats the case then i also had some kinda of crate 2x12 for a couple years. NEVER BUY CRATE

So.........you're saying, what.............yoiu don't like Crate?
April 9, 2007 @12:22am
Mattyc146

it was ok, it was a dumb decision. it was just a 50 pound solid state paperweight.
April 9, 2007 @01:24am
Ed Belknap

LOL! The whole idea that maybe, just maybe, an amp made by a company called Crate might leave something to be desired reminds me of something my Dad told me when I was a wee lad:
He said "Never eat at a Chinese resturant named Dave's"
Or, along the same lines: when folks were expressing shock and disbelief after it was revealed (sic) that the late singer Freddie Mercury was gay, some observant stand-up comic pointed out "People, come on! His band was called Queen!"
Mmm, yeah, with a name like Crate it's got to be a good amp! Right?
April 9, 2007 @09:16pm
R Whittington

And I'm assuming we're referring to an amplifier as being a physical unit with a speaker built in...or a head that has output wattage and plugs into a speaker cabinet....correct?
April 9, 2007 @09:21pm
Ed Belknap

And I'm assuming we're referring to an amplifier as being a physical unit with a speaker built in...or a head that has output wattage and plugs into a speaker cabinet....correct?

Right, no fair counting your Line6 AmpFarm!
April 10, 2007 @02:30pm
Bluesman48

1971 Deluxe Reverb
1993 Tweed Blues Deluxe
1996 Deluxe Reverb RI
and a Fender champion 600 on order from Sweetwater.:)
April 10, 2007 @11:45pm
Foreverain4

vox ac30 cc
vox pathfinder
carvin (class a tube amp from the 80s, dont know model number)
epiphone valve jr
fender princeton
sunn 200s
marshall valvestate head
fwiw, i had a crate head, cant even remember what it was, but it sounded decent. i popped the output transformer about a year ago, havent got it fixed yet..
April 11, 2007 @01:55pm
JazzMan

'71 Univox, 4 Danelectros, 2 Crates, 1 Acoustic6X10 cab, Fender 600, Fender Blues Jr.
April 12, 2007 @07:58am
HOUNDDAWG

Funny!
Actually, I have a battery powered (or wall wart-powered) amp made to resemble a plastic 2 gal gas can.
It was a collaboration between SLM and CRATE in the mid-80's and it sold for $199.00 so they only made one run of about 10,000 of the amps.
Kurt Cobain mentioned that he used his for one song he recorded. Apparently that amp had the right sound!
I take mine and my HOG 20 and set up stereo battery guitar rigs at the park on sunny days!
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n190/Jim_070/Picture001.jpg
April 27, 2007 @06:08pm
cmkerns

well I have;
1. a Marshall MG15 with a blue LED, Red Tolex and a Celestion Super 8 and the back opened.
2. A Peavey Bandit with Blue LED and an Eminence Screamin' Eagle. The good Bandit, the OLD one with the cheap shiny vinyl.
3. A Peavey Classic 20 with a Celestion Vintage 10 and JJ's tubes. It also has the cheap neon pilot light swapped for a nice purple jewel.
4. A Peavey Bravo, with JJ's tubes, a Celestion Vintage 30 and a smaller reverb tank in a pouch. Yes, blue LED.
5. A CRATE VFX 5112 with a Celestion Century Neo Vintage and JJ's tubes and a purple jewel. It also has an extension cab with the Celestion Classic Lead.
6. A CRATE VFX 5212 with Celestion Seventy 80's and JJ's tubes (my stage rig), and yup, a blue jewel.
I have ALWAYS hated Crate (I remember when they actually looked like a wooden crate), but these VFX amps are simply superb. Don't knock one 'til you try one. The clean is "twin" clean and the overdrive is exceptional. I despise the knobs on them as they can't be seen on stage and the factory garbage Groove Tubes in both amps torched within the first hour of operation (one lit up like a light bulb!!).
My wife made vinyl covers for all my amps except my stage rig which has an ATA case. The Bandit cover has a pouch on the side for the foot pedal. Good old lady!:D
April 30, 2007 @02:13am
Demo

I'm blown away at the results. I only have two. A UV and a Vic 20112. I thought everybody had more and I was the exception? "Been Through" is definitely another thread.
June 3, 2007 @01:33am