0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Presidents' Day Sale!

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Mastering software reviews

redchair

I am shopping for a mastering software to use with Pro tools LE 7.3 and PC windows xp based....
It seems Sony Sound Forge is the leading contender at the moment.....would love others to give thier reviews, imputs etc.....
April 2, 2007 @12:39pm
Smithcok

What is wrong with mastering in Pro Tools?
If you are going to go spend money on new software, I would suggest just buying some new good mastering plugs for Pro Tools.
Lots of guys master in PT.
April 2, 2007 @03:59pm
Tarktones

iZotope's Ozone 3. :D
April 2, 2007 @06:17pm
tech1

Ditto on Ozone. It's phenominal. If you're looking more for a two-track editor, then I suggest Samplitude.
April 2, 2007 @09:42pm
Smithcok

Tres votes for Ozone.
Its really good. And cheap. They could charge 600$ for it, and im sure people would buy it (maybe even more people... some people I have worked with look down on it because it is inexpensive)
April 2, 2007 @10:15pm
Tarktones

Ozone is a very VERY deep plugin and can run with the best of 'em. It's essential on every project I do. I LOVE it! I even wrote a really long review on Harmony Central if you're interested in the user reviews.
April 2, 2007 @11:46pm
cking

Ozone with UAD-1 card plugs are a great combo!
April 5, 2007 @06:52pm