0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Presidents' Day Sale!

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Microsoft Vista work w/Cubase 3 - Finale 2007 - Wavelab 6

Jack Fanning

Cubase 3 - Finale 2007 - Wavelab 6
Do any of these run on Vista Home Premium?
Band in a Box 2007 does.
All my HP hardware does not.
March 10, 2007 @04:19pm
tech1

As of now, the answer to all 3 is no. I don't think Cubase 3 ever will.
March 12, 2007 @02:16pm
Jack Fanning

So I have to upgrade to Cubase 4? Figures. But I'll wait until Steinberg tells me it'll run on Vista.
March 12, 2007 @09:40pm
mac

I'd definitely wait a while before upgrading to Vista. There is so much to consider, such as drivers for audio interfaces, MIDI interfaces, DAW software, virtual instruments, etc. XP is stable and, at this point, well tested among manufacturers.
-Mac
800 222 4700 ext 1358
March 12, 2007 @09:56pm
Jack Fanning

Yeah, Mac. Same advice I was giving. But the only on-line computer is the one I'm using. It's actually my wife's, and the hard drive went out on her old computer, and I didn't read the fine print on the sales hype when I bought the new one (this one) mainly because I didn't have my readers with me, and . . .
Meanwhile, I'm running all my music software on Windows XP on my studio computer with no network connection. I know I'll wait for all the fixes before I upgrade to Vista.
March 13, 2007 @10:57am
tech1

The basic rule of thumb is this: Unless you see specific reference to current Vista compatibility for a product on a manufacturer's website, then it is not compatible.
As far as downloading updates from a different computer, that's fine. I have my audio PC offline and do all of my driver downloads on a Mac. i just save the files to a disk (USB flash drive or CD/RW) and transfer them over. Works great!
March 13, 2007 @12:33pm