0% Interest for 48 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Live Sound Month!

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

FaderPort

evan_ccs

I've looked a couple times at the PreSonus FaderPort, and I like the concept. It saves desk space and gives full transport controls, pan, etc. Most importantly, it's motorized, unlike the faders on my Axiom controller. But, I have a couple of questions:
First, is the pan controller an encoder or a knob? Obviously on such a unit I would hope it's an encoder. Secondly I want to know if anybody thinks it is or isn't a good investment. All thought are appreciated.
January 27, 2007 @05:22am
Tarktones

If you're going to use it, it's a good investment.
If not, then no. lol
Seriously, it looks pretty handy. I'm considering one myself.
January 27, 2007 @01:22pm
evan_ccs

Yeah, I agree, but does anyone have experience with it?
January 28, 2007 @01:07am
Foreverain4

no exactly sure what you mean by "is it an encoder or a knob". i have one. it works great. perfect for me as i only usually automate one track at a time. the fader is smooth, feels great. transport controls are labeled and easy to learn. my only gripe is that the pan control only does pan. seems like they could have made this to do aux sends as well. oh well, maybe it could be added in a firmware update or something.
January 29, 2007 @01:14pm
Tarktones

It's a rotary encoder.
January 29, 2007 @10:43pm
Trumpetguy7

What's the difference? Encoder and not encoder? What is that?
May 10, 2010 @02:14pm
yeahforbes

Encoders give numerical data about their position to digital equipment, normal potentiometers (pots) are variable resistors that attenuate analog voltages.
May 11, 2010 @04:16pm
zstarsales04

Zstar Electronic Co.Ltd, Sell fire cards for DS/NDSL/NDSi, also have Wii, DSiLL, NDSi, NDSL, PSP2000, PSP3000, PS2, PS3, PSPgo, PSP, Xbox360 accessories, all kinds of phones are available
www.zstar.hk
www.tigersupermall.com
May 26, 2010 @06:46am
Trumpetguy7

So what's the update on this faderport? Anyone else has experience with it?
July 14, 2010 @05:59am
dwalda

I recently bought this item and have used it for while with Presonus Studio one Pro v1. I is as described. Very handy and easy to use. It does'nt completly remove the need for a mouse , but does for most of the recording features. Punch in-out is a breeze and it also has a footswitch for this function.
My only complaint as yet is, ( and would like to know if anyone else has experienced this ), when I raise the fader using my finger behind, the fader , it catches at spots and does not move smoothly to the point I want it at. Now, if my finger is IN the groove of the fader all is well and it does not catch when I raise it. Of course I could live with this if it it inherent in the product, for whatever reason,(motor motion, or whatever), but if no-one else has this symptom maybe mine is defective and I should have it replaced?
All in all, if you use your DAW at all for recording, this is an necessity for speeding up the process and. It's well worth the money.
February 20, 2012 @07:51pm
BPlayer

I have a Faderport and it works great for what it is! I recently upgraded to the Euphonix Artist Mix and am selling my Faderport. It's been used very little and am selling it for $60 and I pay shipping if in US. If interested, provide me your email address and I will contact you.
February 21, 2012 @12:33pm