0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
February Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Your Next Question of the Week should be...

DrGroove

We'd love to know your input on what our next Question of the Week should be!
Let us know what topics, issues, ideas, or whatever you'd like to see answered by other inSync readers.
Simply reply to this post to offer up your suggestions - we're looking forward to hearing from each of you!
Thanks!:D
April 29, 2002 @03:51pm
HogansDrumshop

I would really like to see what people feel is the main focus of their recording process. Is it tracking, mixing,or mastering? What are they spending most of their budget towards?
May 27, 2002 @02:53am
DrGroove

Thank you for the great suggestion, HogansDrumShop.
May 29, 2002 @02:55pm
TeeCee

In the Bass forum
DrGroove said
What is "The Groove"? How do you describe it? Think about it? Feel it? Play it?
This sounds like question of the week material to me. It's much too broad to limit to bassists. But I guess that's how you keep drummers out. Wait a second, I play the drums!
May 30, 2002 @10:25pm
TeeCee

"Akai Compatible: WHat does this really mean? What are your experiences with using Akai samples with non-Akai equipment?"
If this one is too specific, let me know. I'll post it in the Keyboards forum.
May 31, 2002 @07:21pm
DrGroove

Originally posted by TeeCee
In the Bass forum
This sounds like question of the week material to me. It's much too broad to limit to bassists. But I guess that's how you keep drummers out. Wait a second, I play the drums!

Well, I certainly can't take issue with a suggestion for one of my own posts... :D
Yes, it definitely could apply to not just bassists, but all instrumentalists, really.
May 31, 2002 @07:31pm
DrGroove

Originally posted by TeeCee
"Akai Compatible: WHat does this really mean? What are your experiences with using Akai samples with non-Akai equipment?"
If this one is too specific, let me know. I'll post it in the Keyboards forum.

Go ahead & post this in Keyboards anyhow - I think its plenty suitable for both the Keyboards forum & QOTW.
May 31, 2002 @07:33pm
EjbsMusicRoom

We`re all musicians.... so how did we you started and what was the BEST advice you ever got from another musician?
June 18, 2002 @12:55pm
DrGroove

Originally posted by EjbsMusicRoom
We`re all musicians.... so how did we you started and what was the BEST advice you ever got from another musician?

EjbsMusicRoom,
I really appreciate your suggestion, but I'm not 100% sure what you were trying to say. Could you rephrase this question? Thanks!
June 18, 2002 @02:45pm
EjbsMusicRoom

I`m not going to rephrase the question because you used it for this weeks question of the week.
No do I get something for free for this?
:)
EJBS
June 25, 2002 @12:02pm
DrGroove

We hadn't discussed offering a prize for contributors, but it is a great idea...
June 25, 2002 @04:00pm
eman

eMagic and Mackie have created a unique controller, that seems to provide a good balance between cost, performance and quality. In addition, they have just partnered with ProTools. This product just came out for MOTU, i.e. same thing new software and drivers. And finally, I just heard that Apple has acquired eMagic.
This is an exciting time for us, with cards like the UAD-1 and other DSP fx cards, midi controllers, and all of the virtual instruments available.
This raises a few questions:
How will this effect us, as end users. Are we going to find ourselves in a situation where we are "jumping ship" from our favorite software program and/or hardware platform to have access to the right tools for our job?
Will this trend continue for other software such as CubaseSX and others?
I would like to hear your thoughts on this.
July 6, 2002 @01:13pm
Scott Young

Samplers ummmm-----. I tweek till I get it to sound right. The more tools I have at my disposal the better. The computer allowos me to do more tweeking than a hardware unit ever could.
July 16, 2002 @04:08am
midlandmorgan

Question of the week, month, year, or millinium: WHY did you choose this profession, and how far does it need to go before you consider yourself 'successful?'
July 17, 2002 @12:31pm
tim@timtylermusic.com

Many of us, by now, are using laptops for live gigs that trigger samples via programs like Gigasampler/Gigastudio. The high quality of samples versus built in samples on many synthesizers make this option a no brainer. So, what computers/hard drives/audio interfaces are you using to successfully accomplish this feat? What hassles did you encounter and how did you solve them?
July 21, 2002 @09:31pm