0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
July 4 Financing

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Moving Pro Tools from one computer to another

crazymilk

My roommate has an Mbox and protools LE on his computer, but we would like to start using it on my new iBook. Do I need to uninstall Protools on his computer in order to authorize mine? What do i do?
November 20, 2006 @07:20pm
Audioholic

I believe you will be able to also install the software on another computer, Keep in mind that Pro tools only works when its connected to digidesigns hardware, one of the reasons it is easier to install on multiple computers.
November 20, 2006 @08:00pm
tech1

And don't forget your activation code. It begins "DIGI####"
November 20, 2006 @08:39pm
crazymilk

Ok, I appear to have protools installed on my computer, and the mbox is plugged in and clearly powered up, but I can't get the finder to recognize the mbox, and when I try to open protools I get a message "digidesign hardware is in use by another application" and when I hit ok it closes the whole thing down. An activation code was mentioned, but I have no idea where I would even put that.
November 27, 2006 @12:11am
tech1

Check the Digidesign compatibility pages, and make sure you have a compatible OS version, hardware, etc.: http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?navid=54&langid=100&
November 28, 2006 @02:29pm