0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month 3

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

metal band live sound practice need answer

ozzic3

im in a metal band it is hard to hear guitar while practicing even though it is loud enough in the basement please help me some how
November 11, 2006 @12:01am
EC_Beast

Do you have stage, or in ear monitors? Also, are your insturments going through a mixer at all?
November 11, 2006 @03:07am
Audioholic

might need to sheild the drums, oh and protect your ears, the last thing you want to do is turn everything up louder just to hear, I am sure it is smokin loud already.
November 11, 2006 @05:15pm
SlyMonkey

Beyond telling your bass player to turn down, I think you could get your amp (or 4x12 cab) up off the floor so the sound isn't hitting you in the back of the legs. The further you get out in front of your amp the better you'll hear it. Adding some midrange might take away from the "metalness" of your sound, but it would help it cut through the mix a little better. Also, a lot of guys will put their amps off to the side instead of directly behind so they can hear it better. I don't think it looks as cool though.
This thing is really metal!
November 11, 2006 @08:07pm