0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
January Clearance 2017

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Sounds treatment on the worse budget

KingL1

So I got all my equipment for my home studio and I am very excited. However, I spent all my money on equipment and don't really have much for acoustic treatment for the sound booth. Well actually, I am using the extra bedroom for recording the vocals. It is basically an empty room with a mic and lots of reverb. Someone recommended carpet underlay. Are there creative, but cheap ways you guys could think of for me to get started recording descent vocals? Any help would be appreciated.
November 9, 2006 @06:17am
Joseph Hanna

The best method of room treatment is a basic (or deeper) understanding of what the problems are in your particular space. Know your enemy.
Far too many folks treat their room with inappropriate remedies and are frustrated with the results.
Spend a week or two...or three reading at sites such as Ethan Winer's or John Sayer's.
Plenty of practical useful information and a ton of DIY suggestions
November 9, 2006 @03:28pm