rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev
0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
July 4 Financing

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Yamaha PSR-530

tmosier

I've got a Yamaha PSR-530 from a few years ago, hasn't given me any trouble till a couple days ago when the message "Hostoff" popped up and wouldn't go away. I only had a single audio out and a sustain pedal. I've never used it in a midi setup at all, simply as an isolated keyboard. But the keyboard seemed to function and work just the same as it did before. What's going on? The only answers I can find about this message is when the keyboard is hooked up to a computer.
March 29, 2002 @07:29pm
Roland

It sounds like you may have accidently changed the "Host Select" switch on the back of your PSR from MIDI to PC1, PC2 or MAC. Check the Host Select switch on the back of your PSR and be sure that it's set to the MIDI setting. If not, move it to MIDI and that message should go away.
The "Host is Offline!" message normally shows on the display when the Host Select switch is set to MAC, PC1 or PC2, and a serial cable is connected but the computer you're connecting to is turned off or there is a serial connector that's not connected to your computer. When the Host Select switch is set to MAC, PC1 or PC2, the MIDI ports on the PSR are inactive. My guess is that the Host Select switch somehow got changed to something other than the MIDI setting and the PSR is looking for a serial cable or computer connection out of its HOST port but finding nothing and therefore giving you the Host Offline! message.
Try that and see if it works and let us know.
Roland
April 25, 2002 @07:22am
tmosier

Thanks, that was exactly the problem. Once I switched it back, the message went away.
April 25, 2002 @04:48pm
Roland

You're welcome!! Glad it worked! :)
April 27, 2002 @11:16pm