rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
June 2017 Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

What's The Best Microphone For Recording Rap Vocals? In the Range of $500 - $1000

superstar

I am building a home studio and need the best microphone I can get for my rap vocals. I need it to do album quality tracks. I know how to setup the essential studio equipment, record, and mix. But I know nothing about microphones (ie: which offer the best sound in my field of work - rap), all I know is I want my voice to come out at it's best. Please listen to my voice quickly if you have the time so you can hear what my voice sounds like in order to recommend a microphone that is tailor made for my vocals. The more money I save the better, so if not neccessary do not take advantage of my budget. This will be my first microphone purchase ever. I will be recording in an open room for quite a while. I will build the booth later on.
If You Would Like To Hear What My Voice Sounds Like Please Visit:
(once there go to music page 1 or 2)
www.pennitentiary.tk
My Budget:
$500 - $1000 max
P.s
A mic with a case and a shockmount would be nice as I travel a lot.
September 20, 2006 @09:32pm
michaelhoddy

The Neumann TLM-103 and Mojave Audio MA-200 would both be worth a look, and would both give a "big" sound for rap and R&B, in your price range.
The Soundelux U195 is always worth a look for this too, although it might prove a tiny bit too bright.
September 20, 2006 @10:51pm
Cory Cooper

I agree with the Neumann TLM 103. For a nice hand-held mic for the studio or the road, the Neumann KMS 105 is excellent.
September 22, 2006 @06:20am