0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
January Clearance 2017

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Bass Solo

Bronzee

I am new here and this Sweetwater site is an educational thing for me. My question is, I play, the keyboard, and piano. I would like to know if there are any bass solo sheet music out there just for a piano player?
March 7, 2002 @05:59am
Bronzee

I am a advance piano player so I would say I like the jazzy, bluezy stuff..i just want to play around a little and do some solos ..iam a left hand person... so this bass fingering comes easy for me. Really, he! he! I need to work with my right hand,, now that hand is really giving me the blues. I really can't think of anything at this moment. Thanks
March 8, 2002 @12:51am
Bronzee

Ok, thanks alot.
March 8, 2002 @05:34pm
Dr.SixString

Bass solos on the piano, .......very funny.....good for your left handD
ps. Take a real bass and play it.
April 14, 2002 @01:27am
Bronzee

Yes, I can play a piano, for about 10yrs now,,,anyway i love to use my left hand..I'm left handed anyway..most people say i always play the solo with the left hand and they wish that they could do this...i would really like to play left-right handed at the same level somethings..iam faster with the left hand and wish i was with the right. I have took back my 2nd keyboard now, i had he yam p80 and s80 now i have the rs-9 roland. iam trying to get use to this one..cause it has bass, piano, guitiars sound overall 512 sounds. The only thing my fingers keey sliding off the light keys. Now the yam80 and s80 have the natural feel of a piano. Tryin out pianos is like tryin out a new car some of the features i like and some i can live without...well..i cant sim to make up my mind maybe i gotten spoil by playing my old acustic piano. If you have sugestion dr..let me know. ok? My days are limited. I just wish i can have the natural feel of piano keys and my fingers won't slip while playing iam goin to give this a little more time in testing the rs9 roland.
April 16, 2002 @03:51am
Bronzee

ok,, no problem dr. Anyway,,i had a little steering the right direction. I have my Yam P120,, and iam happy now. I Just need to hook everything up and i will be super happy. I my main features{pianos and bass etc} i also get to have fun with the bass. In the future I will select a sound module and get a better sound system.
April 17, 2002 @03:58am
Dr.SixString

I can play a piano too, actually I started my musical education on piano (at the age of 6) and swtched on doublebass just a few years later (age 11), I continued playing piano during my high school and college studies as my secondary instrument. My left hand is pretty well too:) .
Sorry but I didn't want to hurt anybody, anyway, I don't like those bass solos played on the piano, that's my point of view.
Dr6.
April 18, 2002 @02:03am
Bronzee

No feelings hurt here Dr. 6. Some times I get tired of hearing myself play the same stuff...so this bass- thing thought started hitting me and making me think..why don't I play just do bass sometime. Most musicians want to change up sometime and we all go thought this imagine myself playing a bass or whatever. Anyway, my friend plays a guitiar and he plays a piano sounds on his ...bass guitiar with this mixer or what ever u call it. I think its amazing how advanced technology is now...how we can do alot with one instrument. Anyhoo, I just do this for fun. Iam really goin to have some fun with my new keyboard {Yam P120}. Cya
April 18, 2002 @04:07am
Dr.SixString

Yeah, I had a Yamaha G50 midi converter and played a lot of synth/piano
sounds on my 6 string bass, it was really cool.
Good luck with your new keyboard.
Dr6.
April 20, 2002 @02:17am
guitartabbooks

I have some solo licks posted on my free lessons page, that explain some of the theory that was used by the late Cliff Burton. Possibly these can help give you some ideas.
July 8, 2002 @08:21pm