0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
#WinYourWestones

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Kent Armstrong in a Stingray??

AnthemBassMan

-I was thinking of replacing the pickup in my Stingray with a K. Armstrong unit. Does anyone here have any experience with them. There is nothing wrong with the stock pickup, I'm just a tinkerer by nature. You know, can't leave well enough alone!:D
L8R,
Matt D.
February 23, 2002 @12:59pm
AnthemBassMan

-Just looking for something different. I tend to go against the grain on things. Always giving the underdog a chance. Besides, I read that the Armstrong was a good pickup that was pretty transparent so it didn't color the sound very much.
-Any other ideas?
L8R,
Matt D.
March 7, 2002 @12:39am
AnthemBassMan

-I play in a Christian contemporary/rock band. We play a style a lot like Third Day. A kind of classic rock/semi-southern sound with a little Praise and Worship and acoustic thrown in to mix things up. Sounds pretty good for a few guys from Ohio! :D
-Also just started to install a Fishman Active Acoustic Matrix Natural 1 in my acoustic. Just finished reaming the hole for the endpin/preamp jack. I figured while it's unstrung I'd go ahead and level and recrown the frets. From what I've seen so far, it was badly needed.
-The p'up swap on the bass might have to take a backseat for awhile. Too many irons in the fire. Also just started making my own Tele. Got the body from U.S.A. Custom Guitars and it's a beauty!:D A one piece swamp ash body! I hope to create a major tone machine out of it
-Well that's my version of War&Peace.
L8R,
Matt D.
March 7, 2002 @10:57pm