0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
June 2017 Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Welcome to the Creation Station Forum

Justin

I'd like to welcome everyone to our new Sweetwater Creation Station forum.
This will be the place to discuss anything and everything related to Sweetwater's Creation Station line of DAW computers. If you're not familiar with our them, they have their own dedicated section on our website that you can check out here:
http://www.sweetwater.com/creation_station/
This forum will be available to ask questions about our machines, discuss your experiences or tips & tricks with other users and our staff.
I'll be around to help answer questions and to moderate things. I'll also be working to relay any new developments or tech support tips along to the forums so we can keep everyone informed.
Welcome to the forum, I hope everyone enjoys it, and that we have some good discussions here.
May 31, 2006 @01:23pm
dpd

wow - 1st post! :)
I have a CS Rack 3.2 (single-core) at home with a Glyph Firewire GTKit rail in it. It's NOT on the net, no anti-virus, firewall, etc.
I've added the following utilities:
- SiSoftware Sandra
- Diskeeper 10 Pro
- WinZip / WinRAR
I'm running PTLE 7.1 on it with a Digi 002R and Command|8 with Waves NPP, IR-L Native and the Elemental Audio plugins. Based on the DUC davec II tests, looks like I'm headed back to to PTLE 6.9 as 7.1 seems to require a dual-core system.
Unresolved issues to date:
1) a high-pitched whine from the unit (appears to be inside the power supply)
2) the Seagate SATA drive (D) trounces the Glyph Firewire drive for track count using PT LE. I suspect it's a bandwidth issue between the Digi 002R and the Glyph drive. Not a big deal because the D drive is the main audio drive.
I also have two of these installed in equipment racks at a radio station using PT LE 6.9 with Mbox. They run HOT (due to excess heat in the racks and non-optimal airflow in the equipment room), but they do run 24/7 and have been for about 8+ months. Sweetwater added extra fans to cool them down (they would fail to reboot when they got too hot). Fan noise was not a concern and now they run quite cool.
I also have on CS Pro installed at the station in a studio running PT HD.
The 3 units at the station are on a network which requires Win XP Pro - so I had to totally reload the units from scratch. I use Dantz Retrospect to run daily backups of all three CS machines to the internal D drive on the CS Pro (audio on that machine goes to an external Glyph Firewire drive - which, BTW, easily runs 16 tracks at 96K).
When I bought the 3 units for the station, I recommended that they install Plextor PX-716A DVD writers in them instead of the Lite-On drives. I ended up doing that myself - gets you access to PlexTools Professional software which is the least expensive way to measure error rates on CDs you burn.
Props to tech guys Justin, Eryk, Patrick, Mikey, Seth and all the others at Sweetwater for above and beyond the call of duty helping me out with these systems - I'm finicky about stuff. Props, as well, to my Sales Engineers Kenny Bergle and Matt Wood for all the sales and support on these 4 systems over the last year.
May 31, 2006 @08:16pm